Our Storytelling Workshops
Virtual Presentations Training
Use structured practice and peer support to improve your virtual presentation skills.
Think Like a Storyteller Workshop
Learn a “creative problem solving toolkit” to improve how you educate, build trust and influence change.
1-on-1 Storytelling Coaching
Get expert, personalized guidance to develop your ability to connect, motivate and lead
Here’s Who’s Taken This Storytelling Workshop
A Net Promoter Score of 93.3, well above our goal of 62!
The participants’ comments reinforce the strength of your content and facilitation, the relevance of the material, and the appreciation for the interactivity in the room and application to each person’s job role.
Learning Partner, Canadian Tire Triangle Learning Academy
What is the Think LIke a Storyteller Workshop?
- A 2-day communications workshop for teams
- Participants practice designing a strategic narrative around themselves and their real work.
- In the process, participants complete structured exercises that strengthen creative problem solving, empathy, cognitive flexibility and authentic communication skills.
- Everyone gets clear frameworks, peer coaching and personalized guidance from the expert facilitator.
- The workshop ends with a group facilitated conversation that unpacks learnings and develops next steps.
The Highest Rated Learning Experience We Had All Year!
A highly engaging and relevant training. The attendees found it to be both an interesting and helpful skill to develop. We’d be happy to have Jordan join us again anytime!
Will Mahon, Criteo Learning & Development
Why a Business Storytelling Workshop?
“Storytelling” is the ability to create meaning out of ambiguity, volatility, complexity and change. This business storytelling workshop gives you tactics and insights to build your team’s skills in a collaborative and growth-provoking learning environment.
- Introduce a “storytelling toolkit” that can be applied broadly to any business messaging
- Apply this toolkit to the real internal or external communications created by your team
- Learn to find deeper, more influential narratives in facts and data
- Improve clarity and impact of Powerpoint presentation design
- Strengthen creative thinking, empathy, self-esteem and leadership presence
- Build deeper trust, connection and collaboration within the team
What Happens in a Storytelling Workshop?
Over Two Days, Your Team Will:
- Design & develop two real “stories” about themselves and their work. One story is a personal “Connection Story” — a compelling, personal and connecting elevator pitch. The second story is a TED-style talk about a real project, pitch, previous success or idea.
- Refine these stories through structured practice. Paired and small group exercises let everyone receive personalized feedback. No one needs to present to the entire group.
- Learn the conceptual “scaffolding” behind effective strategic narratives. You’ll watch videos with best (and worst) practice examples customized to your industry and context.
- Strengthen your “creative problem solving” muscles. Participants will use structured exercised and analytical frameworks to build confidence in their own creativity.
- Build empathy for audiences and shift their perspective on communication. Open-ended discussions provoke your team to summon inner resources and think differently.
- Debrief learnings and discuss insights. In a final, facilitated conversation, your team will unpack the learning experience and develop alignment around next steps.
Our business storytelling workshops are truly a transformational learning experience. Your team will sharpen their skills, build confidence and get expert guidance in a creative, supportive and thought provoking space.
About the Facilitator
Jordan Bower is the Founder of Transformational Storytelling, a facilitation, coaching and consulting business based in Vancouver, Canada.
Jordan’s clients have included tech companies like Autodesk, international design firms like M Moser Associates and banks like the CIBC, as well as dozens of other clients ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 500.
Jordan is an acclaimed storytelling speaker who has presented at conferences in North America, Asia and Europe.