Introducing the Business Storytelling Challenge
Hi, I’m Jordan Bower: a leadership storytelling consultant & coach based in Vancouver, Canada. I help teams from around the world become more influential, trusted & creative in their communication.
In the Business Storytelling Challenge, your team will take a huge leap forward in your virtual presentations skill by participating in a fun, collaborative, relevant and growth-provoking learning environment.
I’ve Led Communications Workshops for Companies Like:
A Net Promoter Score of 93.3, well above our goal of 62!
The participants’ comments reinforce the strength of your content and facilitation, the relevance of the material, and the appreciation for the interactivity in the room and application to each person’s job role.
Julie-Anne Zezela, Canadian Tire Triangle Learning Academy
What is the Business Storytelling Challenge?
- A 6 week skill development program for teams
- Participants develop and practice a 10 minute virtual presentation related to their real work.
- Participants work in cross-functional learning cohorts of 4 people
- Everyone gets structured practice, peer coaching and personalized guidance from the expert facilitator.
- The Challenge culminates with a “Story Showcase”, where presentations are delivered to a live virtual audience.
- A final, facilitated conversation helps your team unpack learnings and develop a plan for next steps.
The Highest Rated Learning Experience We Had All Year!
A highly engaging and relevant training. The attendees found it to be both an interesting and helpful skill to develop. We’d be happy to have Jordan join us again anytime!
Will Mahon, Criteo Learning & Development
Why the Business Storytelling Challenge for Virtual Presentation Training?
“Storytelling” is the ability to create meaning out of ambiguity, volatility, complexity and change. The goal of the Business Storytelling Challenge is to build your team’s virtual presentations and communications skills in a collaborative, supportive and growth-provoking learning environment.
Business Storytelling Challenge
- Be more engaging and effective in virtual presentations
- Find deeper, more influential narratives in facts and data
- Improve clarity and impact of Powerpoint presentation design
- Build confidence, resilience, creative thinking and interpersonal skills
- Improve trust, connection and collaboration within the team
- Improve decision making, self-esteem, empathy and leadership presence
Who Participates in a Business Storytelling Challenge?
- Leaders & Exec Teams
- Sales Teams
- Innovation Teams
- Brand Teams
- People & Culture Teams
- Consultants & Analyst Teams
- Product & Design Teams
- High Potential Managers
What Happens in this Virtual Presentations Training?
Over 6 weeks, your team will:
- Design a 10 minute presentation from scratch (or improve an existing presentation). Each presentation will be directly related to your real work of each participant. External audience? Internal audience? Both work.
- Receive 6.5 hours of group coaching per participant. Participants will be divided into learning cohorts of 4 people and will work collaboratively through the Challenge. You’ll get peer support and have more fun learning.
- Work with a “creative problem solving” toolkit. Participants will build confidence developing their own voice and infusing it into a clear, influential presentation. No paint by numbers approach required!
- Present to a live audience. The Challenge culminates with a Story Showcase — an opportunity for your team to practice for a real audience.
- Debrief learnings and discuss insights. In a final, facilitated conversation, your team will unpack the learning experience and develop alignment around next steps.
Our business storytelling workshops are truly a transformational learning experience. Your team will sharpen their skills, build confidence and get expert guidance in a creative, supportive and thought provoking space.
About the Facilitator
Jordan Bower is the Founder of Transformational Storytelling, a facilitation, coaching and consulting business based in Vancouver, Canada.
Jordan’s clients have included tech companies like Autodesk, international design firms like M Moser Associates and banks like the CIBC, as well as dozens of other clients ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 500.
Jordan is an acclaimed speaker who has presented at conferences in North America, Asia and Europe.