We help teams of leaders & executives based around the world.
Why Leadership Storytelling Training Now?
Listening, advising, connecting, influencing, empathizing & trust building is the work with leadership today. Building these tangible, meaningful and strategic leadership soft skills is the goal of our Leadership Storytelling Workshops. Think of it as a master class in digital-era leadership communications.
We’ll help you use “storytelling” as a strategic lens to get clear on the language, approach and emotional tone you bring to your most important messaging. Our methodological approach integrates empathy, creativity and iterative process to give you a new way to think about your message.
We won’t teach you the “right way” to tell a story. We’ll equip you to ask the right questions, so you can find more impactful ways to connect with your stakeholders, align your teams and distill the essence of your strategy.
Where You Can Apply Leadership Storytelling Skills
- Presentations & pitches
- Business cases
- Speeches & all-hands
- Thought leadership writing
- Social media
- Leadership presence
- Formal & informal conversations
- Innovation leadership
- Personal resilience
Who We’ve Worked With
Up Your Influence, Credibility & Impact with Leadership Storytelling Training
Make data more memorable, meaningful and impactful.
We teach leaderships storytellers to find the emotional hooks in data & dry corporate messages.
Become motivating, authentic and vulnerable without looking unprofessional
We teach leadership storytellers how to find the right balance between the personal & professional.
Simplify your language to be more impactful
We help leadership storytellers get clear on the most important parts of their messages.
Hi, I’m Jordan Bower: a Facilitator of Transformational Learning Experiences.
You can’t just wave a magic wand and make someone a better sales communicator. (Believe me. I’ve tried.) But I think better communications skills are worth the hard work — especially now, when so much is changing all at once, and customers everywhere are desperately looking for people they can trust.
To be a good communicator today, you need to be creative, spontaneous, thoughtful & insightful. You need to be visual and experimental. You need to be at least a little funny. And you need to learn how to do this well without going back to school and getting a degree in English Literature.
I get you. I didn’t set out to be a storyteller. I’ve got a business degree. I speak Excel, Powerpoint and balance sheets. I used to think communications was fluff. But over the last fifteen years, I’ve developed the skill of training others to find the right balance between fact and emotions.
It’s been a long journey to get there: plenty of books, many thousands of dollars spent on personal growth and a year spent walking by myself from Canada to Mexico. These experiences taught me that listening is the secret to great storytelling.
Today, I lead workshops all over the world for companies like Autodesk, SAS and Mozilla and organizations like the Federal Reserve and the Government of Canada. I help these organization see that the future of influence is clear, simple, thoughtful and creative communication.
Just like Steve Jobs said: the most powerful person in the world is the storyteller.
I would love to help your be a better leadership storyteller.
- Before every workshop, we work directly with you and your team to customize the session for maximum benefit. View our Storytelling workshops page section “Storytelling Training Customized For Your Team” to see how we tailor it to your goals and outcomes. Though every session is different, workshops tend to include equal amounts of structured learning, hands-on practice & facilitated conversation.
- In the structured learning section, we unpack the essential elements of leadership storytelling by examining stories across a variety of media, including videos, speeches, slide decks, etc.
- In the hands-on practice section, you and your colleagues will workshop telling a real leadership story. You’ll work in pairs and small groups, improving not just your own storytelling, but how you coach good stories out of others.
- In the facilitated conversation section, you’ll discuss the way these ideas apply to real business challenges you’re facing now. Together, we’ll explore new ways to tell the story and the strategic implications. Think blue sky strategy session through a communications lens.
The ideal group size for any storytelling training workshop is between 12-40. The workshop relies heavily on group participation. We like working with groups that are big enough to carry conversation and yet small enough so that everyone’s voice gets heard.
We’ve also worked with groups beyond this range. Contact us and we can find a solution that suits your specific needs.
Most storytelling training is delivered in person. However, we have made accommodations for remote teams by using video conferencing software like Zoom.
Contact us and we can find a solution that suits your specific needs.
Yes! A leadership storytelling workshop directly addresses using data in presentations, speeches and other forms of communication. Participants will get a methodology, toolkit and tactics for finding the narrative behind a data point, improving how they deliver presentations, reports and insights.
All of our workshops are facilitated by Jordan Bower. Jordan is a master business storytelling trainer who has worked with a diverse range of clients in tech, government, small business and the Fortune 500. You can learn more about Jordan here.
Our clients book between 6 and 12 weeks in advance of a storytelling workshop. Sometimes we can accommodate shorter timelines. Contact us to discuss your specific dates.